Monday, May 28, 2007

Poste the Firste

Hi lovely friends.
I am about to lose my blogging viginity - bloginity? virgoggity? Well here I am, all yours, in all of my procrastinating glory trying to avoid the backspace and delete keys and just get something out there to you beacuse I love seeing the mess of other people's mind via their blog, so......

Piled around me are bills, wee girl's shoes, not-so-wee boy's paintings and the damned looming folders (real and imagined) of Things I Have Been Meaning To Do (for quite some time). The season of knitty frenzy has ended and now I am up to my elbows in manure slogging out some new beds along the back fences. We put in a rain barrel this weekend and it is already overflowing. It gives us a feeling of bounty and self-sufficiency.

Speaking of self-sufficiency, I read Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road this week and it gives new meaning to the term. What a harrowing and beautiful read. I was sort of shell-shocked by it and found myself being extra tender towards not-so-wee boy and weeping at people walking their dogs and other ordinary activities.

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Hello there oh nannamamma! I am in Vienna with Adrienne and Polly and Oliver and Lucy and we talk about you so much. Really miss you here! Welcome to blogging world my love. A world of random thoughts captured in time....

XOXOXOXO

nanamamma said...

oh i am so jealous! i would dearly love to see all of those creatures. although it is so clear and beautiful here today that if i squint it almost feels like vienna, but with mini-malls instead of beautiful architecture....